Consider Frederick Law & Company
Do I Need a Real Estate Lawyer?
Sometimes hiring a real estate lawyer is not always necessary. However, there are many times where a lawyer’s advice and guidance will help to protect you during a real estate purchase or sale. The benefit in obtaining the expertise of a real estate lawyer together with the help of your realtor will ensure the transaction goes smoothly and that your best interests are protected.
A real estate lawyer steps in after the selling price and terms of the sale have been established by the realtors and all parties have signed an agreement. This agreement maybe the Purchase and Sale Agreement (PSA). The real estate lawyers will negotiate to make the transaction come together in a peaceful manner that is fair to both sides. At Frederick Law & Company, our real estate lawyer will provide the follow services:
- Reviewing executed agreement of purchase and sale
- Preparing transfer
- Answering requisitions on title
- Preparing and advising on statement of adjustments
- Advising on the applicability of HST legislation
- Attending the execution of documentation
- Attending the closing and completing the sale
Why Hire a Real Estate Lawyer?
It is best to consider hiring a real estate lawyer if any of the following situations apply to you:
For the Purchaser:
- You are an out of town buyer
- You are buying a property that is bank owned
- You are buying a property that is part of an estate sale
- You are buying a commercial property
- You are buying a property that may potentially have structural issues
- You are buying a property in a problematic area, such as a flood zone
For the Seller:
- You are selling a property that is in some state of distress
- You are the heir or executor of a property whose owner is now deceased
- You are selling a house with a non-cooperative partner
- You have a feeling that something could possibly go wrong based on knowledge you have of the property
- You have judgments or liens in your background
If you are seeking a real estate lawyer or would like to learn more about our real estate services, be sure to get in touch with us.